CommLawBlog Terms and Conditions
The website at www.commlawblog.com, here called “the blog,” is owned and operated by the law firm of Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, P.L.C., here called “we” or “us.”
By using or posting to the blog, you agree to the following:
1. You may access, download, and print contents of the blog only for your personal use. You may not reprint in quantity, redistribute, or republish any content of the blog without first obtaining our consent.
2. You may link to the blog, but you may not frame it or otherwise display it in conjunction with another site.
3. You may not use the blog for any unlawful purpose.
4. We monitor the material on the site. Although we rarely do so, we can either decline to post, or remove after posting, anything we deem to be inappropriate.
5. Any material you post must be your own creation or in the public domain. You may not post anything that infringes anyone else’s copyright or trademark, defames anyone, or otherwise violates the law.
6. We respect the privacy of our users. We collect names, email addresses, and other personal information only for controlling access to the blog. We do not share this information with anyone else. We may also collect information that does not identify individuals for statistical and system maintenance purposes. If you send us an email with personally identifiable information about yourself, we will not use that information except to respond to your inquiry. Of course, any information you post on the blog thereby becomes public.
7. You use the blog at your own risk, and subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
8. We do not guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet or the accuracy of information on the blog. We are not responsible for the consequences of your relying on information on the blog.
9. Some content on the blog may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for those other sites, or for anything they may advertise.
10. You agree not to hold us liable for anything outside our control. Some examples of things outside our control (there may be others) include equipment or communications problems, computer viruses, software failures, unauthorized access, theft, operator error, severe weather, natural disasters, labor problems, wars, terrorism, and governmental restrictions.
11. We can terminate your access to the blog at any time and for any reason, with or without notice to you.
12. We can change these Terms and Conditions by posting a new version on the blog, and that the changes will take effect, as to you, the next time you use or post to the blog.
13. These Terms and Conditions remain in effect even if we do not fully enforce them.
14. Your use of the blog does not create a joint venture, partnership, or any other kind of relationship between you and us.
15. If someone sues us over something you did (or should have done) in connection with the blog, or resulting from your violating any of these Terms and Conditions, then you agree to cover any damages against us plus all of our costs in connection with the lawsuit.
16. These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and any lawsuit over these Terms and Conditions will be heard in Arlington County, Virginia. Our total liability to you in connection with the blog cannot exceed $50.00.
We provide the following information in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act:
POLICY RELATING TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND IDENTIFICATION OF DESIGNATED AGENT FOR PURPOSES OF SECTION 512 OF THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT.
If you have reason to believe that material in which you (or any person or entity for which you are an authorized agent) hold the copyright has been posted in the user comment sections of the CommLawBlog without appropriate authorization, please contact Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, P.L.C.’s and the CommLawBlog’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Joseph A. Hager Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, P.L.C. 1300 17th Street North 11th Floor Arlington, VA 22209 Phone: 703-812-0447 Fax: 703-812-0486 E-mail: email@example.com
Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, P.L.C. fully complies with the notice and take-down provisions of Section 512 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We also enforce a policy that provides for the termination of access to the blog to users or commenters who are found to be repeat infringers or who otherwise violate the policies governing use of the blog.