The FCC announced this week that various additional applications must soon be submitted through the LMS online electronic system. Specifically, commencing May 17, 2022, the following filings are required to be submitted through LMS:
- FM Engineering Special Temporary Authority (STAs)
- Request for Silent STA
- Extension of Silent and Engineering STA
- Suspension of Operations Notification
- Resumption of Operations
- AM and FM Digital Notification
- Modification Dependent Carrier Level (MDCL) Notification
- Change of Primary Station Notification
- Tolling Notification
- Reduced Power Notification
- Pending Application Withdrawal
The filings listed above should no longer be filed via email. If they are, the FCC will dismiss them as procedurally defective.
The following applications, on the other hand, should still be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- AM Application for Construction Permit for Commercial Broadcast Station on Form 301
- AM Application for Construction Permit for Reserved Channel Noncommercial Educational Broadcast Station on Form 340
- AM Applications for Broadcast Station License on Form 302
- Initial AM Engineering STA
- Change in official mailing address
- Amendments to pending applications previously submitted in CDBS
- Pleadings (Petitions to Deny, Informal Objections, Oppositions, Replies, Supplements, Petitions for Reconsideration and Applications for Review) concerning applications submitted through CDBS or email@example.com.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us here at FHH Law.