In general: This website is neither legal advice nor advertising. It does not create or extend an attorney-client relationship, and it does not solicit the representation of entities that have counsel in our areas of expertise. Information posted here may omit or incompletely explain details that are important in a particular situation, and may have been superseded by later events. Do not act (or refrain from acting) based on the contents of this website. Consult an attorney for individual advice on your own situation.
When you contact us: Do not give us confidential information before we have exchanged paperwork that establishes an attorney-client relationship. We cannot assure you of confidentiality until then. Email or other correspondence or telephone calls between us do not, in themselves, establish an attorney-client relationship. If your matter is time-critical, we urge you to contact us by telephone (not fax or email) during U.S. East Coast business hours.
We may decline representation: Sometimes we must — for example, if taking on your matter would create a conflict of interest with an existing client. Occasionally we decline representation for other reasons. In any of these cases, we can help you to find another lawyer.
Referrals: If we recommend another lawyer or law firm, we do so because, to the best of our knowledge, that individual or firm is respected in the legal community and is qualified to handle your matter. Our recommendation is not a warranty of that lawyer’s or firm’s qualifications or performance.
Links: You are welcome to link to our site. Links from this site to other sites are provided for users’ convenience. We cannot take responsibility for anything on those sites.
Cases: We participated in some of the cases reported on the site. The results of each case depend on a variety of factors unique to that case. Past outcomes do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any future cases we undertake.
Copyright: All material on this site is copyright (c) 2001-2017 Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, PLC. All rights reserved. To request permission for use, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-812-0400.
Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, P.L.C. fully complies with the notice and take-down provisions of Section 512 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We also enforce a policy that provides for the termination of access to the blog to users or commenters who are found to be repeat infringers or who otherwise violate the policies governing use of the blog.
If you have reason to believe that material in which you (or any person or entity for which you are an authorized agent) hold the copyright has been posted to this site without proper authorization, please contact our Designated Agent via mail or Email as follows:
Joseph A. Hager
Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, P.L.C.
1300 17th Street North
11th Floor Arlington, VA 22209
You should provide the following information
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work or a representative list of the works claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, so that we may contact you if necessary;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Questions? Contact Kevin M. Goldberg, Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, PLC, 1300 North 17th St., 11th floor, Arlington, VA, USA, email@example.com.