David Janet joined Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, P.L.C. as a Member of the firm in 2015. David has more than two decades of practice experience in a variety of technology transactions and communications-related areas. He represents companies of all sizes (from large to middle-market and startups) in the software, data mining and data security, digital media and digital advertising, Internet content-provider, wireless application services, technology and hardware distribution, and government contracting industries and market spaces. David's practice involves structuring, preparing and negotiating diverse intellectual property agreements, including agreements concerning technology licensing, content and data licensing, digital advertising and content delivery, product distribution, all aspects of software development, licensing and integration, data mining, network access and operation, facilities management, Internet services, government contracts/subcontracts and professional services. Mr. Janet frequently advises clients with respect to all aspects of new media business models, including negotiation strategy and legal risk- avoidance, as well as comprehensive strategic counseling. His clients include businesses in a wide range of business sectors, including technology, financial services, and entertainment. Examples of his recent engagements include:
- Counsel to a media and Internet services company in connection with its expansion to universities throughout the U.S.
- Primary counsel to an established data mining company in connection with complex licensing agreements with major financial institutions and investment banks.
- Primary Counsel to a wireless technology company that licenses its health care-related App's on the iOS and Android platforms to major hospital systems and universities, including George Washington University Hospital, Duke Hospital, UCSF, INova, and MedStar System.
- Negotiated and drafted multi-million dollar content licensing and joint venture deals between entertainment clients and major Internet portals.
- Counsel for technology client that licenses health care data integration software to the Federal Government.
- Development of strategy in connection with intellectual property litigation matters and compliance matters related to Internet communications.